Friday, November 8, 2013

Livestrong Weight Tracker

Yesterday, by happenstance, I found the Livestrong site for keeping track of your eating. Talk about detailed. Not only does it keep track of what you've eaten and sometimes by logging exactly what brand of food you had, but it shows other details other than calories: like protein and sodium levels. I'm always wondering without meat am I getting enough protein? So it's really nice. You plot a calorie goal based on height and weight (it doesn't let you go low enough if you ask me), so I'm trying to hit below the mark, but then again I'm not forcing myself to feel like I'm starving -there's wiggle room. There's also a place to plot your walking route on a google map (unfortunately it doesn't go off the road and onto the trail. Maybe I'll log the road next to it to get an approx. distance.)
I only want to do this during the week, Mon - Thursday. I hate being hemmed in. But on weekends I can just see if I can watch what I eat and make better choices.
Last night in the Cooking Class I found I could avoid the pile of homemade donut-like-cookies plopped at my elbow (don't you think when you're trying circumstances try to fight your decision?). And I didn't have these lovely homemade cookies, yes wanted them. And the cheese & crackers- only nibbled on a bit of cheese. "Sure you don't want the last bite?". Nope! No thank you. So for the "NO" factor alone, this site seems to be helping.
Well see, next I hope to actually get to the gym- not just think about getting to the gym.
Good luck- to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually tried again a year later- tracked my eating for about a month and half and lost 9 lbs. Then I got a super hard job at Joann's Fabrics and lost 5 more lbs. Now I don't mind charting my food, but for now I'm hoping to keep it off with exercise and good eating habits- here's to hoping! But the Livestrong Weight Tracker was very helpful and might prove the trick later on.